RANGELAND Drill ROUGH RIDER
heavy-duty planter designed to plant multiple species
of grasses and grains on sites that typically would
be inaccessible to conventional planting equipment.
units are arranged in two ranks with a front to
back separation of 48" for maximum trash clearance.
penetration is achieved by 4 tons riding on planting
discs mounted at a 7-degree angle to vertical and
a 7-degree angle to horizontal.
Roughrider - Rangeland Drill Features
20" planting discs are mounted on 6 bolt hubs
that have tapered roller bearings.
disc/hub assembly is rated at 3,500 lbs.
planting units have 20" of vertical travel
between the low and high points.
- 12" of ground clearance In the transport position.
to drive the seed box shafts is from a floating
wheel that rides on top of the right end wheel.
lockout is provided to protect against accidental
engagement while transporting the Drill.
is standard. This feature allows planters to be
raised for transport or transfer the machine weight
to the disc openers when planting.
Rough Rider "float mechanism" adjusts
the down pressure, allowing the two ranks of openers
to "float" over high spots in the field.
adjustment of the hydraulic pressure allows the
operator to change the planter response to rough
sites or soft field conditions.
- Truax "Tough" Planter Frames:
constructed from 2-1/2" solid bar steel.
are mounted on heavy duty parallelograms.
mounts are torsion knuckles.
seed boxes are standard.
small seed box, with row dividers and fluted
feed, uses a standard shifter output control.
fluffy box, with row dividers, agitator, and
picker wheels has a derailleur for output
cool season box also has an agitator and has
standard grain drill cups with fluted feed
and a shifter output control.
reduction is provided as a standard feature.
- The two piece, telescoping, metal seed tubes
have 24" of vertical travel.
is guided by swivel knuckles mounted top and
- WALK BOARD AND HANDRAIL:
rear walk board with handrail and access ladder
is standard equipment.
with clevis and pintle style ends is standard equipment.
swivel hitch available - two direction swivel.
OTHER STANDARD FEATURES
mounted depth/gauge wheels
scrapers on disc openers
grid grate walkboard
corner parking stands
- The establishment of surface sown range species
such as Wyoming big sage has improved with the
introduction of the Truax Imprinter. This attachment
when used with the Truax Roughrider broadcasts
seed onto the surface, in an 8" band and
then presses it into the surface with Brillion
style rollers that are 8" in width. The critical
seed to soil contact is achieved with minimal
soil surface disturbance. This option is available
only for the Roughrider.
- Single or double multi-Drill hitch to pull two or three Drills together.
- Includes hydraulic interface with the tractor, light package as applicable and dual castor wheel hitch support.
- Trailer style tail and turn lights with a 4-pin plug is used on the wiring harness.
LIFTING BEAM PACKAGE
- Includes hi-test shackles, chains, hooks, and lifting beam for loading with a crane.
- Replaces pintle to provide a more flexible connection between the drill and tractor.
- This attachment when used with the Truax Roughrider broadcasts seed onto the surface, in an 8" band and then presses it into the surface with Brillion style rollers that are 8" in width. The critical seed to soil contact is achieved with minimal soil surface disturbance.
Roughrider - Rangeland Drill Specifications
- Planting width - 10 feet
- Overall width - 14 feet
- Row spacing - 12"
- Number of planters - 10
- Press Wheels - 3" x 14" - semi-pneumatic
- Weight - 8000 lbs.
- Ranks of planters - 2 ranks spaced 48" apart - front to back
- Depth control/Gauge wheels - 3" x 18" hard rubber wheels attached to 20" disc blades
- Vertical movement of planters - 20"
- Folding tongue
- Walk board with access ladder
- Tail lights
- Acre Meter
- Safety Chain
- Optional interchangeable Imprinters for surface sown species
- Optional multi-drill hitch
Rangeland Drill Literature
Please contact Truax for additional information or specifications at 763-537-6639 or email@example.com